There are many ways by which you can level up your drink without guilt and make healthy coffee. The key is to choose the right ingredients.
How do you like your coffee? Black is not the only way to enjoy your caffeine fix!
If you are clueless about how to make your coffee healthy while being delicious, read on and we’ll share some recipes that are worth a try!
Take Your Coffee to the Next Level with These Healthy Recipes
Making healthy coffee at home should not be a struggle. Sign up for the best coffee subscription service to have a regular supply that you can use for making the recipes below!
We recommend grinding beans before brewing when making these recipes instead of buying pre-ground beans. When you grind them yourself, you will have full control of freshness as well as the size you desire.
1. Turmeric Coffee Latte
Adding turmeric to your coffee delivers a plethora of health benefits, including lessening inflammation, improving memory, lowering the risk of cardiovascular diseases, and fighting free radicals.
- 1-ounce brewed espresso
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packets of Stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk
- In a saucepan, combine turmeric, ginger, vanilla extract, coconut milk, and Stevia. Heat until the mixture is warm.
- Remove from heat and blend in an immersion blender until it becomes frothy.
- Put espresso in a mug and top with the frothy mix.
2. Coconut Oil Coffee
Certainly, the mild aroma and rich flavour of coconut oil make it a great healthy addition to your coffee. Furthermore, it can increase good cholesterol, but it can also increase bad cholesterol, so make sure to use coconut oil in moderation.
- 2 cups of hot coffee
- then 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- In a blender, combine coffee, butter, as well as coconut oil.
- Blend until the mixture is frothy.
3. Oat Milk Honey Latte
Adding oat milk and honey to your coffee will make your drink sweet without artificial sugar. Also, this is a great choice for those who like to sweeten their caffeine fix without the guilt.
- ½ cup coffee
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- ¾ cup oat milk
- In a glass jar, combine honey, oat milk, as well as salt. Microwave until it is hot.
- Put the lid in the jar and cover with a towel. Shake until it turns foamy.
- Transfer to a mug and finish with a sprinkle of cinnamon.
4. Iced Coffee Protein Shake
This drink is perfect for a hot day! It is also ideal for a post-workout drink. It is a flavourful and healthy alternative to traditional coffee. You can use any available protein powder.
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 cup coffee
- 1 frozen banana
- Raw honey
- 5 cups ice cube
- Add all the ingredients to a blender. Blend until you achieve the desired consistency
- Serve immediately and enjoy your drink while it is still cold.
5. Cold Brew Coffee Banana Smoothie
If you are often too lazy to prepare your breakfast, a cold brew coffee banana smoothie is for you! Moreover, it is not just a caffeine fix but can also double as a quick breakfast because it has bananas that can make you full.
- 10 ounces cold brew coffee
- 1 cup vanilla almond milk
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 medium banana
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In a blender, combine all the ingredients. Blend until it is in the desired consistency.
- Enjoy your drink immediately.
6. Vegan Pumpkin Spice Latte
Looking for a good drink to enjoy during a chilly autumn morning? It is hard to go wrong with this pumpkin spice latte. This is perfect for those who are on a vegan diet!
- 2 ounces strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Start by making your coffee. If possible, use espresso, especially if you like a strong kick.
- In a saucepan, combine the ingredients without the coffee. Heat for two minutes and mix. Also, do not boil.
- Froth almond milk with pumpkin spice.
- Combine espresso and froth.
7. Iced Skinny Hazelnut Latte
This recipe has less than 150 calories, making it a great option for those who are watching their weight. In addition, it uses fat-free milk, which makes it healthier compared to traditional lattes.
- 3 cups fat-free milk
- ¼ cup hazelnut coffee
- 2 tablespoons hazelnut creamer
- Crushed ice
- First, put one cup of milk in a bowl, and second, microwave uncovered for one to two minutes.
- Add milk and creamer to the coffee in a cup.
- Put crushed ice and enjoy.
8. Iced Brown Sugar Oat Milk Shaken Espresso
Take your breakfast game to the next level with this healthy coffee recipe! It is fat-free as well as it uses natural sweeteners.
- Oat milk
- Brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Mix brown sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and water in a saucepan.
- Brew two shots of espresso. Then, put the espresso and brown sugar syrup in a mason jar with ice and shake.
- Add oat milk as well as a dash of cinnamon.
9. Keto Whipped Cappuccino
If you like Dalgona coffee, this recipe is a great alternative since it is a carb-free drink. Certainly, this is a good choice for those who are trying to lose weight.
- Sugar-free cappuccino
- Heavy whipped cream
- Unsweetened almond milk
- In a mixing bowl, add heavy cream and instant coffee powder. Whip until it is frothy.
- Heat almond milk in a pan and transfer it to a mug.
- Scoop whipped cappuccino and add to coffee.
10. Hatcha Mocha CBD Coffee Recipe
In recent years, CBD products have been on the rise globally. Why? With their relaxing properties they’ve become a wonderful tool in your arsenal, particularly if you’re a busy person who has a lot going on. However, coffee does quite the opposite, as it fuels your energy and kick starts your day.
So why not combine the two to create the ultimate CBD coffee recipe? Get your buzz on, whilst relaxing at the same time.
- 12 oz Cup
- 300ml Cold Full Milk (Blue Top) or oat milk with a teaspoon of coconut oil.
- 30g Cocoa Powder or hot Chocolate
- Double Espresso
- 1 Tsp Hatcha
- Heat the full fat milk or oat milk and coconut oil.
- Mix half a teaspoon of Hatcha with the cocoa powder.
- Add to half the hot milk.
- Add the espresso shot.
- Add the rest of the Hatcha.
- Mix in the rest of the milk.
Making healthy coffee does not have to be difficult! To make it more delicious, check out the best coffee subscriptions in the UK. There is a tonne of options, but if you want the best quality, make sure to choose the right supplier!
If you haven’t heard of Eating In London before, here’s a bit about us – we’re a modern-day team of food and drink experts, showcasing London’s best places to drink & dine at. We pride ourselves on providing trustworthy recommendations, just for you.